Bad Small Business SEO Can Cost You!
Did you know that the average small business website has SEO problems that can result in loss of business? Small business SEO problems can range from technical issues like broken links, content errors such as duplicate titles and descriptions, and page load time. By not finding and fixing these problems small businesses can create a bad impression, raise questions in the minds of potential customers, and miss opportunities resulting in loss of business!
Many small business owners are not even aware of existing problems. And finding them on your own can be difficult. Small businesses usually lack the resources to hire an SEO firm, which leaves them stuck in a bad place. In order to help we have come up with a list of resources in our small business SEO toolbox.
Small Business SEO Toolbox
- 404 error identifier – Xenu’s Link Sleuth
- Website crawlers – Screaming Frog or SEO Chat’s Website Crawler
- Web analytics – Google Analytics
- Webmaster tools – Google and Bing
- On-page factors tools – Mozbar
- Robots.txt evaluation – Google’s robot.txt checker or SEO Book analyze.robots.txt
- Page speed test – Google’s page speed insights or Pingdom’s website speed test
- Rich snippets testing tool – Google’s structured data testing tool or RankTank’s meta and rich snippets testing tool
- View your site like a search engine does – BrowSeo’s seo-browser
- Keyword evaluation tools – SEMrush or Keyword Eye
- User experience tools – Hotjar, AttentionWizard or Feedback Army
- Social media tools – Social Mention or SumAll
- Link evaluation tools – Moz’s Open Site Explorer or Cemper’s Link Research Tools
Start with a Small Business SEO Audit
Now that you have our small business SEO toolbox you can take the next steps. If you already have an existing SEO strategy for your small business simply run a few of the tools we listed and see where you are.
Maybe you simply need to fix a few broken links or upload a new robots.txt file. On the other hand, if our small business SEO toolbox revealed more serious problems and errors you may need to bring in some outside help.
If you need some more help to get your small business SEO to the next level check out these posts on our Coffee Grounds Blog:
- A Simple SEO Checklist for Small Business Websites
- Local SEO Audit Checklist for Small Business
- The On-Page Local SEO Checklist for Business
- 8 SEO basics to Grow Your Small Business
We Do Small Business SEO!
Here at Studio 5 Innovation, we offer a full range of SEO and online marketing services, including digital media services, and search engine optimization. Contact us to learn more about our small business SEO services, and how our team can help you use our small business SEO toolbox.
Do you have any tools to add to our small business SEO toolbox? Please leave your comments below so our audience can benefit as well, and grab our feed so you don’t miss our next post! And help your audience with their small business SEO by sharing our SEO toolbox with them!