Time Saving Content Marketing Tips
Why should you focus on time-saving content marketing tips? Well, if you read our blog regularly you will already know that we are big advocates of content marketing. When executed successfully, content marketing elevates and differentiates your brand, leading to organic engagement with your consumer or customer. Many brands already understand the value of content marketing, but content creation remains a problem for most businesses.
If you read our Content Marketing Strategy for Small Business you will already know how to create great content. Our Time Saving Content Marketing Tips will show you how you can re-purpose that content.
As you can see content marketing is a big part of the Google sweet spot, and that requires the ongoing creation of high value content for your website, blog, and social media platforms. And that can get pretty overwhelming, especially for small businesses and individual professional service providers. Your content actually goes further than you think. These time-saving content marketing tips show you how!
Diversify Existing Content
The first of our time-saving content marketing tips is more than an effective means of generating new content, it is also a smart way to reach your end users on different platforms. Remember that not all of your audience consume content the same way. Here are a few ideas to get you thinking:
- E-Books – Expand on a particularly effective blog post to create an e-book or other digital publication.
- Infographics – Use a white paper or case study to create an infographic. Complex information is easier for to comprehend visually for most people.
- Slide Decks – Create slide presentation from your most popular content to share on platforms like SlideShare.
- Email Newsletter – A great way to share blog posts and other information with an older audience demographic.
- Cheat Sheet – Convert a blog post or infographic into a cheat sheet for a quick reference guide, like a set-up manual.
Rewrite Old Content
Sooner or later even your best blog post will go stale. You invested a lot of time and effort, so don’t let that go to waste. Here are some time-saving content marketing tips to help you decide what content should be rewritten, and the best way to do it
What to Rewrite
- Popular Content – Look for popular content from the past. If one of your blog posts, articles, or white papers has shown consistently high performance evaluate it to see if it is worth rewriting.
- Trending Content – Is your content up to date? Some industries like tech and medicine require more frequent content updates than others. Only rewrite what is still relevant to your audience.
- Seasonal Content – If you have a popular post for the holidays dust it off and bring it out again. Make sure to update as required!
How to Rewrite
- Check Your Dates – Is your content still up to date? Make sure that words like “recently” or “now” and references like “within the next few months” actually still apply.
- Check Your Stats – If you cited any data, case studies, reports, etc. make sure they are still valid or search for more current versions.
- Check Your Sources – Are your sources still relevant, or have new thought leaders emerged that you can quote?
- Check the Format – Maybe there is a better way for presenting your content, such as in more depth or from a different perspective.
Retire Outdated Content
This last one of our time-saving content marketing tips is frequently overlooked or misunderstood. No matter what type of content you have, or how popular it once was, there will come a day when your content will be outdated. And at that stage it turns from a boosting force to a dragging anchor on your content marketing strategy.
Retaining content that is past its “expiration date” damages your brand’s authority and credibility. In other words, it undermines all your hard work! To determine if your content is getting a little ripe ask yourself these questions:
- Performance: How well is this content performing comparing to all other content, either on your own or another website?
- Accuracy: Does it relate to reports or cite sources that are outdated?
- Timeliness: Was the content created for a specific event that has passed?
- Relevancy: Does your audience still care about this topic?
Implementing Our Time Saving Content Marketing Tips
Implementing our time-saving content marketing tips should not take you much effort. We tried to keep them simple. And at least some of this should already be part of your strategy to grow your business online. Take a good look at your existing content and you should be able to identify content that can be re-purposed or rewritten to stay fresh and engage with the end-user.
If you are not sure how to popular your content is we recommend checking the social stats such as “likes”, “shares”, “+1s” and “comments” to get an initial count. Apps like Google Analytics, SproutSocial, Buffer, Hootsuite, AddThis, Filament, and Klout can provide you with valuable insights as well.
Of course, you can save yourself a lot of time and trouble and have our highly caffeinated team implement our time-saving content marketing tips for you. Our content strategists and copywriters are expert in rewriting and re-purposing existing content. Together with our digital marketers and social media consultants they can help you decide on the best possible strategy. Why not get started by requesting your free content marketing strategy estimate?
And if you are still not sure about implementing our time-saving content marketing tips don’t worry! Simply reach out and contact us. Our expert team will listen to you, answer your questions, and determine the best way for your business to get the content marketing benefits you need. That is one of our specialties, after all!
Do you have any time-saving content marketing tips you would like to share? Feel free to add your comments below so our audience can benefit as well, and grab our feed so you don’t miss our next post! And feel free to share our time-saving content marketing tips with your audience!