Why You Need a Long-Term SEO Strategy If You Want to Achieve Lasting and Measurable Results!
SEO Must Be Consistent!
The other day a potential client told me their SEO efforts were not showing the expected results. When I pressed for more info I was told that “We do SEO once in a while when we feel we need more new business.” I was so shocked I even forgot to bop them upside the head! No wonder they are not achieving the results they need without a long-term SEO strategy.
SEO is simply not something you can do whenever you feel like it; at least not if you want to achieve your business objectives. As a matter of fact; once you start your SEO strategy and campaign you are in it for the long run. And there are a number of reasons for that. It takes time for an SEO campaign to show results. If you quit too soon you just wasted all that effort. And stopping and starting your SEO efforts repeatedly can send the wrong signals to search engines like Google.
Many business owners see SEO as a necessary evil. They know it is both essential and effective, but they are confused by the various strategies, concerned about bad SEO service providers, and not sure if the cost is really worth it. Others try their hand at it, fail, and give up. There are almost endless reasons why business owners start and stop, or start and forget their SEO campaigns. And as this cool infographic from our friends at Milkwhale shows only a long-term SEO strategy will provide lasting and measurable results!
8 Reasons Why You Need a Long-Term SEO Strategy
Infographic courtesy of Milkwhale
Developing Your Own Long-Term SEO Strategy
OK, now you know why you need a long-term SEO strategy if you want to succeed at SEO for your business. Now, creating such a strategy requires effort as well. This is especially true if your business or service falls into a very competitive market. The more competition you have the harder you will have to work on your SEO. And I highly recommend that you consult with an SEO service provider before you get started.
Here are a few things you should do before and as you develop your long-term SEO strategy:
- If you already have a website run an SEO Audit on it
- Define the value you provide to your customers and consumers. Focus on your most lucrative or popular products or services first.
- Imagine you are looking for your service or product. What terms would you type into Google’s search box?
- Take a look at your competitors. What are they doing online, and is it working for them?
- Define the outcome you require from your SEO strategy. Do you want more site visitors, drive targeted traffic to specific areas, or need more attendees for your next event?
- Establish a regular reporting schedule. You can’t measure the effectiveness of your campaign if you don’t look at the data.
- Determine a monthly SEO budget you feel comfortable with, and then stick to it.
- Commit to at least a year of ongoing SEO efforts. It takes that long to start showing measurable results.
- Ask questions! Lots of them! It is the best way to help you do better with your SEO!
Not Everyone Needs SEO
And here is one last thought for you. Not all businesses need a long-term SEO strategy at all! Why is that, you ask? The purpose of SEO is to drive targeted website traffic to you so you can get more inbound leads and sales. But what if your business is already slammed? We have several clients who keep asking us to turn their SEO off for just that reason. (We do keep a bit of it running, just in case!) If that includes your awesome business you may want to take care of all those happy customers instead of worrying about your SEO strategy.
Additional SEO Resources To Help You Get Started
If you are new to SEO, or simply want a better understanding of how search engine optimization works and how you can apply it to your digital marketing strategy you may want to check out these posts from our ESPRESSO Shots Blog:
- 9 SEO Basics to Grow Your Small Business
- WordPress SEO Tips for Small Business Websites
- 15 Key Small Business Website Success Tips
- Key SEO Considerations for Website Redesign
- Web Designer’s SEO Guide – How to Improve Search Ranking
- Finding the Best SEO Service Provider – 6 Things to Consider
- A Guide for Creating SEO-Friendly Content
- 52 Local SEO Strategies Any Business Can Implement
- 11 Local SEO Tips to Get Your Business Noticed
If you are interested in doing your own SEO you can save a lot of time by using professional SEO tools. While there is an almost endless variety of free and premium tools available many of them are of questionable use. Part of our SEO tips is to use industry-standard tools like these:
- SEMRush – Advanced SEO Tool
- MozPro – A Leading SEO Tool
- Ahrefs – Competitor Research Tools and Backlinks Checker
- Google Analytics – The Industry Standard for Web Analytics
- SE Ranking – All-in-One SEO Software
Here at the highly caffeinated agency we use all of the above on a daily basis. We know and trust them, and so should you. If you have any questions or need some additional info please feel free to reach out to us!
Do You Need Some Help Developing a Long-Term SEO Strategy?
Do you need some friendly advice on how to develop and implement a long-term SEO strategy yourself? Here at ESPRESSO.digital, we offer a full range of SEO and search marketing services, including digital marketing services, web design and development, content strategy and development, and search engine optimization.
Why not contact us to learn more about our small business SEO services, and how our team can help you implement a long-term SEO strategy for your business.
Do you have anything to add to our SEO recommendations? Please leave your comments below so our audience can benefit as well, and grab our feed so you don’t miss our next post! And help your friends and associates to appeal to both humans and search engines by sharing this post with them. Thanks, we appreciate you helping us spread the word!
Thank you! We appreciate your help to end bad business websites, one pixel at a time!