The Content Marketing Benefits for Small Brands
Have you ever wondered why everyone seems to be taking about the big brands like Apple and Nike? The main reason is not simply that they are bigger, but they create and share a variety of visual content across a wide range of platforms. The big brands have big marketing and PR teams and budgets to match. But don’t give up! One of the content marketing benefits for small brands is leveling the playing fields. Here is how you can successfully compete with much larger brands, no matter how small or large your business or organization really is.
Content marketing benefits include the ability for small brands to tell their story, the reason they exist. Many consumers either don’t trust, or don’t want to buy from a big brand. Consumers are no longer “One Size Fits All!” The modern consumer is much more interested in learning the story behind a brand and deciding how that aligns with their own values.
If your brand can hit that certain note with your visual content your online visitors are much more likely to become paying customers. With the modern social, mobile and local consumer (So-Mo-Lo) it pays to differentiate your brand. And that is one of the main content marketing benefits for small brands.
How Custom Content Affects Content Marketing Benefits
Content marketing benefits engagement and organic reach through the creation of custom content. Studies have shown that 61% of consumers are more likely to buy from a brand that delivers custom content, and 78% of consumers believe that a brand creating custom content is more interested in forming lasting relationships. And 60% of consumers feel more positive about a business after reading custom content on its website.
Visual content is very effective for giving potential clients and customers a “behind-the-scenes” look of your business, and what makes you unique. So don’t skimp on the images! Maybe you will need some professional photography services. Just remember that stunning images will lead to higher conversions than quick shots with your smartphone!
Content Marketing Benefits Consumer Engagement
There are a number of ways that content marketing benefits can be obtained for any brand, business, organization or professional. At the very minimum you should consider a few of the following strategies:
Blogs are equally important! If an active blog is part of your content marketing benefits include higher customer engagement and conversion. If you have an active blog your site will get an average of 55% more visitors than one without. And blogs are 63% more likely to influence a consumer than magazines, but at a much lower cost than outbound marketing.
Adding Customer Testimonials
If you have not already done so add customer testimonials to your website and online profiles, and ask for testimonials on Yelp, Angie’s List, and other online directories and listings. Customer testimonials have the highest effectiveness rating (89%) when influencing buyers.
Engaging on Social Media
If you are not already on social media you really need to catch up. We really meant that! Now!! 68% of all consumers will check out a business on social media before making a decision to buy.
Improving SEO Rankings
What can we say? 93% of all online research starts with a search engine. So if you are not creating digital content to be seen by Google and Bing you miss valuable opportunities to connect with your consumers!
Content Marketing Benefits Increased ROI
Content marketing benefits can be obtained at a much lower cost than traditional outbound marketing, and these savings lead to an increased ROI. This includes both an increase in brand awareness and leads generation and conversions. Here are some of the content marketing benefits:
- 57% of marketers have acquired new customers through their blogs
- B2B companies that blog generate 67% more leads than those that don’t
- 93% of B2B organizations rely on content marketing for brand awareness and lead generation
- 41% of organizations leveraging content marketing are seeing an increase in brand awareness
Once again, these content marketing benefits can be obtained by small brands, organizations, small business owners and professionals. Don’t be shy! We can help you with your content strategy and creation as well!
A Few Words About B2B Content Marketing Benefits
Even if you are strictly marketing B2B you can still have all the content marketing benefits. As a matter of fact, you will have company, 90% of B2B marketers already engage in at least one form of content marketing. The most used forms of content marketing are:
- Article posting (79%)
- Social media posting (74%)
- Blogging (65%)
The most common goals for content marketing are:
- Brand awareness (69%)
- Customer acquisition (68%)
- Lead generation (67%)
- Customer retention and loyalty (62%)
Take a look at some of the suggestions from the Content Marketing Institute. They give B2B marketers some great ideas how to get the same content marketing benefits that strictly consumer oriented brands receive. Put yourself in your customer’s shoes. What type of information are you looking for? And where would you look for it? Being at the right place with the right information at the right time is one of the content marketing benefits for small brands. Be free with your knowledge and experience and establish your brand as a trusted expert.
Custom Content Creation
As you can see creating custom content is essential to obtaining content marketing benefits. But it has to be just the right kind of content. Just throwing something together is not the way to get content marketing benefits, sorry! You need to start with a content strategy, followed by the curation of all the different content you need:
- Written content (or copy) includes all the text on your website and blog, your social and professional networks. Some of it like your brand history and bio will remain fairly static, but you will need regular fresh content for your blog, white papers, case studies, etc. Don’t forget, if you add new products to your e-commerce site you need to add new product descriptions as well. Professional copywriters and editors can help you with that part.
- Visual content, especially infographics, is extremely helpful for conveying complex information. But it needs to work across all platforms and all devices, and simple clipart and animated GIFs are just not cutting it any more. If you want your brand to stand out you will want to have a professional graphic designer help you build a library of visual content.
- Images are very effective for giving potential clients and customers a “behind-the-scenes” look of your business, and what makes you unique. So don’t skimp on the images! Maybe you will need some professional photography services. Just remember that stunning images will lead to higher conversions than quick shots with your smartphone!
- Digital media such as videos, animations, webinars and podcasts are another great way to deliver custom content to your audience. There are a wide variety of professional creative services available to you to tell your brand story.
Final Thoughts on Content Marketing Benefits
The above are simply a few suggestions for getting content marketing benefits for small brands. But your brand may very well be different in your marketing approach. Maybe you have a unique approach like putting the store dog on your website (we have actually done that for a client, take a look!) or giving away free flowers in the morning. If you have some really awesome strategies you want to share please let us know, or comment below!
Of course, you can save yourself a lot of time and trouble and work with us to achieve your own content marketing benefits. Our content strategists and copywriters can help you with your content strategy, creation and editing, while our white hat SEO services will get you found by Google. Layer in an organic social media strategy and possibly some community management and you will be ready to engage new customers in no time! Why not get started by requesting your free content marketing estimate?
And if you are still not sure about content marketing benefits for your brand don’t worry! Simply reach out and contact us. Our expert team will listen to you, answer your questions, and determine the best way for your business to get the content marketing benefits you need. That is one of our specialties, after all!
Do you have any content marketing benefits you would like to share? Feel free to add your comments below so our audience can benefit as well, and grab our feed so you don’t miss our next post! And feel free to share our Content Marketing Benefits for Small Brands with your audience!
Thank you! We appreciate your help to end bad business websites, one pixel at a time!